- A unique crossflow technology with dual vertical axes.
- The world leader in river current turbines.
- A strategic partnership with CMN (Constructions Mécaniques de Normandie), Naval shipyard in Cherbourg to build marine current turbines.
The hydrokinetic turbine pioneer
After ten years of research in specialist hydroelectric laboratories in Grenoble, France, HydroQuest is a global leader in the operation of hydrokinetic turbines in difficult conditions and guarantees the reliability of its technology to energy producers throughout the world.
HydroQuest is also the first hydro turbine builder to connect a river current turbine to the French national grid.
History in brief
Research commenced on dual vertical axis crossflow turbine technology, the core element in the operation of the future hydrokinetic turbines.
Establishment of HydroQuest Located in Grenoble, France, world birthplace of hydroelectricity.
Test of firstprototype river current turbine on the testing platform on an EDF hydroelectricity supply canal.
Validation and further development of the solution
A world first with EDF: the first river current turbine to be connected to the local grid of an isolated village in Guiana, located in a difficult Amazonian environment.
Multiple awards and labels:
- Entreprise Innovante des Pôles (EIP).
- First prize for innovation in DERBI renewable energies competitiveness cluster, Ernst&Young.
- Special “Sustainable development” award for Young Entrepreneurs organized by Crédit Mutuel, la MACIF, Emertec Gestion, la Caisse d’Epargne Rhône-Alpes and INPG Entreprise.
- Winner of “Prix des Espoirs de l’Economie” awarded by Grenoble chamber of commerce and industry.
Acquired stake in capital of CMN Constructions Mécaniques de Normandie, naval shipyard in Cherbourg, to build marine current turbines for the OceanQuest project.
Installation of a river current turbine on the Loire river in Orléans, a sizable challenge in light of the installation in an urban environment and the Natura 2000 site, protected site for its flora and fauna.
A very active year:
- HydroQuest River: First river current turbine connected to French national grid in Orléans.
- Grand prize for Energy Transition awarded by Usine Nouvelle magazine, presented by Commissioner for Investment Louis Schweitzer.
- Launch of river current turbine range: HydroQuest River 1.40 and HydroQuest River 2.80
More awards: Call for projects – Marine renewable energies and pilot river current turbine farms
- Won ADEME call for projects for a 1 MW marine demonstrator with the OceanQuest project, together with CMN and the University of Caen.
- Winner of ADEME call for projects for a river current turbine farm, in partnership with CNR and CMN.
Delivering hydro power solutions for electricity producers around the world,
HydroQuest designs, develops, manufactures and installed hydrokinetic turbine farms throughout the world.
It is one very few producers to be able to meet your river turbine equipment needs with its formidable HydroQuest River range of hydrokinetic turbines and in a very near future, marine current turbines with its HydroQuest Ocean range.
A multidisciplinary and passionate team
The skills of the HydroQuest team complement each other but they share the same passion for new sources of energy:
- blending expertise and innovation: doctors, engineers or specialist technicians in hydraulics, electricity and numerical calculations, with strong experience in hydroelectric power.
- Mastering the reality of the field and international projects.
MBA UCLA, Engineering graduate of Ecole Centrale Paris
30 years of development expertise in business (industry and services), international business, finance and management.
Doctorate in Engineering
A dozen years of experience in developing HydroQuest hydrokinetic turbines. Specialized in mechanical and hydraulic engineering, industrial production.