Technical and economical feasibility studies on potential sites
In partnership with the most suitable design offices according to the site, geo-technical experts, hydraulic engineers and/or environmental specialists:
- Analysis of energy potential by region, with determination of the most appropriate locations for installation.
- Focus on sites and analysis of production potential taking into account historical current flow speeds.
- Installation study to optimize production and impact studies.
Manufacture and assembly
- Construction of the turbine units, hydrodynamic fairings and anti-debris protective screen.
- Installation of alternators and transformers.
- Manufacture of floating barges.
- Quality controls at all stages of production.
Shipment of equipment
- Containerization of pre-assembled sub-assemblies, turbines and barges for cost-efficient transport and faster assembly on installation site.
- Shipment even to most remote locations.
Installation and commissioning
In parallel to manufacture of hydro turbines:
- Installation of anchors on river bed
- Electric cabling
On arrival of containers on site:
- Assembly of turbines and barges
- Attachment to anchors
- Electrical connection to national or local power grid
- Testing and commissioning of river current turbines.
Training in operation and maintenance
Training and skills transfer to local teams to facilitate in-house maintenance by energy producers:
- Supplementary: guide to operation and maintenance covering applicable procedures for each equipment and recommended maintenance intervals
Easy day-to-day maintenance:
- Management of maneuver phases by hydraulic jack
- Management of unit start-up and shut-down phases directly through control system
- Remote production monitoring and operational monitoring
- Safety in case of flooding ensured by barge
- Provision of replacement parts
Every 10 years
- Lifetime of wear parts: 10 years or 25 years
- HydroQuest intervention on site at request.