Versatile, minimally invasive power plants
Key benefits :
- Predictable, constant and competitive energy
- No civil engineering needed
- Easy maintenance thanks to rapid return to river bank for dry work
- Modular design allows for site customization: adaptable to water depth and currents.
- Very low environmental impact on flora and fauna, neither visual or audible pollution
Turn-key power plant services:
- Site feasibility studies
- Manufacturing and assembly
- Site installation
- Electrical connection to the grid
- Maintenance programs
Typical project duration is 6 months
Protective screen system on the hydrodynamic fairing support structure.
Floating barge moored to river bed (or fixed support structure) to which the turbine units are attached.
Micro-pile anchoring system in the river bed.
AC/DC/AC transformer compliant with local network standards.
Electrical cables linking the turbine output to the grid.
Benefit of protective screen: large-size debris is deviated, small-size debris passes through turbine easily.
Benefit of transformer: Automatically adapts turbine rotation speed for continuous operation.
Barge: economic and fast to install
Barge enables hydrokinetic turbine to keep operating whatever the current flow rate.
Raised position: easy maintenance and operation with hydraulic jack to raise the turbine out of the water for dry work.
On barge: work platform for safe access to sides of turbine units.
Modular solutions for large and small rivers
HydroQuest River 1.50
- River current turbine with one level containing two turbines.
- Minimum water head: 2.2 m
- Nominal power output: 50 kW with current flow speed of 3.1 m/s
HydroQuest River 2.100
- River current turbine with two levels containing two turbines each.
- Minimum water head: 4.2 m
- Nominal power output: 100 kW with current flow speed of 3.1 m/s